Exploring School Sustainability Directions & Ideas with Patrick Bassett, President, National Association of Independent Schools
Patrick Bassett, President of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) joined me for a joint episode of the Boarding School Podcast & edSocialMedia Podcast . Our conversation covered school strategies and sustainability in the current economic climate and the ways in which schools can use new media to bind constituencies and reach and serve families.
The new SSS by NAIS is coming late Spring 2009. View the new SSS website by going to sss.nais.org. You’ll find all the new benefits of SSS as well as the new Knowledge Center that offers NAIS resources on financial aid management.
Topics Pat covered with their approximate time into the conversation:
• School Financial Sustainability and Adjustments: what's happening now for families and faculty (1:30)
• School Budgeting, Planning and Spending (4:06)
• Financial Aid Need and Availability (5:10)
• Schools Strengthen Constituent Relationships (8:00)
• One School's Solicitation Video: Oakwood School's "Don't Give" (9:00)
• Combining Traditional and New Media to Reach Everyone: Keeping the Old School While Adopting the New (10:50)
• Media Strategies for Schools: Making New Media Practices and Approaches Happen (13:30)
Leave us a comment below or drop us a note at email@example.com with your feedback & questions.
Listen to the podcast (21:59):
Download the audio/mpeg (.mp3) file (22.1 MB)
The Boarding School Podcast is a publication of AdmissionsQuest.