It’s time for this year’s installment of prep school alumni on the rosters of Final Four teams. Prep school alumni play a large role on three of this year’s Final Four teams.
Interestingly, Wichita State has no prep school players in its roster.
Equally as interesting, there are more prep school players in this year’s Final Four than last year.
Here’s the breakdown:
- 4 teams, 13 players each, 52 players total
- 12 of those players from boarding school programs
- 23% of players on 2013 NCAA Men’s Final Four rosters come from boarding school programs, including Northfield Mount Hermon, Brewster, and Worcester Academy, which have each a pair of alumni on three of the Final Four rosters.
- If you could match positions with players, you’d be just one player short of having an entire Final Four team comprised of prep school alumni.
- Russ Smith South Kent School
- Mangok Mathiang IMG Academy
- Montrezi Harrell Hargrave Military Academy
- Mike Mara Northfield Mount Hermon School
- Spike Albrecht Northfield Mount Hermon School
- Mitch McGary Brewster Academy
- Nik Stauskas St. Mark’s School
- Josh Bartelstein Philips Exeter Academy
- Blake McLimans Worcester Academy
- Michael Carter-Williams St. Andrews School
- C.J. Fair Brewster Academy
- Russ DeRemer Worcester Academy
Who will you be cheering for?